Welcome to the Recreational Word Slinger…both new and repeat readers. I’m really glad you are here!
I wanted to write this post as a sort of “Recreational Word Slinger 101” to let you guys know how things work around here. I truly appreciate each and every person who reads my posts. It encourages me to keep writing, which is something that I love to do. Writing this blog gives me a purpose and a reason to write each day.
- If you want to get each post by e-mail, then look to the right of this post. Type your e-mail into the empty box and click “follow.” The ONLY thing this blog will send you is a new post. I promise it’s not overdone e-mail messages. It’s just an easier way to keep up with this blog.
- If you want to follow me on Twitter, look to the right again and find the little Twitter icon. Click “follow” and it will take you to my Twitter page, where you can follow my updates. I mainly tweet links to the blog posts and other people’s Tweets that I find interesting.
- Please feel free to comment on any post. I am notified of each comment and will try to respond and interact. I love to read people’s comments, and sometimes I geek out when I receive a comment. Like the other day, one of my favorite bloggers Bryan Allain commented on my post where I mentioned that I was reading his book. It was really neat.
- “Encouragement Wednesday” is a regular series, where encouragement is given…on a Wednesday. Hence the title. I really hope you will at least check those posts out because I crack myself up when I write them. And hopefully, it has the same effect on you guys.
- I really want to become a better writer and blogger. Please let me know if there is anything you think I can improve on, any topics you want me to write about, or any news/event that you wish to promote on this blog.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you will consider following the posts by e-mail, Twitter, or the RSS feed (all of these links are on the right side of the website).
Have a blessed day!